Try the latest mouth-watering creation from Chef Rigatoni!
Use your Coach EatRight bowl to make sure you're eating the right portions! You can find them on the Shop page.
Very Veggie Pasta
Kids, make sure to only prepare this with an adult!
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- ½ cup peeled and diced organic carrots
- 1 cup organic cauliflower florets
- 1 cup organic broccoli florets
- 1 cup organic peas
- 1 pound of whole grain pasta (try Penne, Fusilli or Rigatoni!)
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Pinch of salt
Step 1: Fill a large pot of water and put it on a high flame. Add salt and bring to a boil.
Step 2: In a medium skillet, bring 1 cup of vegetable broth to a boil
- add the carrots, cauliflower, and broccoli to the vegetable broth
- add a pinch of salt
- cook the veggies for about 5- 6 minutes
- add the peas and cook another 4 minutes
- turn off the heat
Step 3: Follow the cooking instructions on the pasta package.
- Drain the pasta, save some of the pasta cooking water (about 1 cup)
Step 4: Turn the flame back on the veggies
- add 1 more cup of vegetable broth to the veggies
- add 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil to veggies
- cook that another 2 minutes
Step 5: Mix the veggies and the pasta together
- here is where you can add ½ cup – 1 cup of the pasta cooking water
- Stir in ½ cup of parmesan cheese